Our guiding principles
We fund innovative and exceptional medical research towards finding new treatments and cures for Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes, purposefully identifying and supporting the brightest researchers in Australia.
To achieve this vision, our highly reputable and esteemed Scientific Advisory Committee continues to develop national and international research strategy within the Five Pillars of our Centre of Research Excellence.
We believe the research projects and people we fund will find the breakthroughs this area of medicine so urgently needs.
The Five Pillars of Research
- Comprehensive clinical data and sample collection on current and newly diagnosed patients with Bone Marrow Failure
- Genomic, epigenomic and proteomic control of the Haematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) survival, growth and differentiation
- The components and control of the HSC niche (microenvironment) within the bone marrow
- Abnormalities of Immune Function.
- Monitoring and predictors (biomarkers) of prognosis, response to treatment and disease evolution