You need not disclose your identity to us in order to use this website. This website does not use “cookies” or “web bugs”.
This website does not collect personal information about people who access the website, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, such as when donating or purchasing goods, or subscribing to our newsletter online.
Our Internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded.
This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve this website.
What Kinds of Information Do We Hold?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information. We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Name, address, business name and contact information; and
- Information about people’s dealings with us.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including to:
- Accept your donations to MRV and to improve our offerings
- Manage our relationships with you
- Provide you with information about MRV developments, events or other functions of the organisation that are relevant to you.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- Subject to our professional obligations, to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services, such as to the regulatory authorities, or other partners or suppliers (whether in Australia or overseas)
- On a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide administrative or other services in connection with the operation of the organisation; and
- As required by law and/or with your consent.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All staff with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Access and Correction
You may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where access is provided. We may refuse to provide access if the Privacy Legislation allows us to do so. All requests for access/corrections to your personal data should be requested by contacting MRV at firstname.lastname@example.org