Recipe by Johnny di Francesco from 400 Gradi
Makes 4-5 Pizzas
- 1kg of Italian "00" flour, sieved
- 30g fine sea salt
- 1g fresh yeast
- 600ml water
1. Combine water and salt in a bowl, allow to dissolve.
2. Add 10% of the flour to bowl and mix well.
3. Gradually add the remaining flour
and the yeast until combined.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface
and knead until smooth and elastic.
This can take up to 10 minutes.
5. Place the dough into a lighlty floured bowl.
Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
6. Let the dough rest for 1.5 hours,
then divide into 4-5 round balls.
7. Cover with a damp cloth and allow the balls to rise.
This can take up to 10-12 hours.
8. Once the dough has doubled in size, place on a lighhtly floured bench
and stretch the dough by hand.
For 1 pizza
- 1 punnet of Flavorite cherry tomatoes
- 100g buffalo mozzarella
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 220g pizza dough
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Stretch out pizza dough.
2. Sautee Flavorite cherry tomatoes in olive oil
over medium heat for 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Top pizza with sauteed tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella,
4 fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
4. Cook in domestic oven for 10 minutes at 250-280 degrees
or in a woodfire oven for 90 seconds at 400 degrees.
Store this recipe away for safe keeping!
Download the Margherita Pizza recipe here.