Warm Octopus salad
Recipe by Nick Mahlook from The Atlantic
- 500g octopus tentacles
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- Splash of red wine vinegar
Garlic & Oregano
- 1/2 bunch oregano
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 150ml lemon juice
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25ml cabernet vinegar
- 12ml sherry vinegar
- 200g kipfler potatoes
- 1 punnet of Flavorite cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of basil
- Small handful of parsley
- A few slices of red onion
- Small hanful of pitted black olives
1. Place all octopus ingredients in a pot with tight fitting lid
and gently cook until octopus is tender. Leave to cool.
2. Boil kipfler potatoes in salted water until tender,
allow to cool slightly then slice into bite sized pieces for the salad.
3. Cook the octopus on the bbq or in a hot pan until golden brown,
slice into bite sized pieces for the salad.
4. Cut Flavorite cherry tomatoes in half, tear herbs roughly and mix all
salad ingredients together.
5. Add the octopus , kipfler potatoes and dressing to the salad.
Combine and serve.
Store this recipe away for safe keeping!
Download the Warm Octopus Salad recipe here.